All You Ought To Know About Eyebrow Threading
Eyebrow threading is one of the most popular methods for shaping eyebrows in Middle East and Asia. Basically it is a Chinese method to shape the brows using a thread. In this technique cotton thread is used to pull out unwanted eyebrow hairs from root and give the brows a fine shape. By far threading is considered as one of the best and cheap methods to remove unwanted facial hairs.
It does not hurt or pain like in waxing, it does not result in rashes and allergies like in creams, and it is not as tedious as tweezing is where each hair strand is plucked out.
While shaping the eyebrows and removing the extra hair it is important to keep the eye skin taut, because it aids in easy hair removal. Let us know how threading helps shape eyebrows in a step by step procedure. All it needs is a thread, patience and lots of practice.
Requirements for Eyebrow Threading
- Spool of cotton thread
Eyebrow threading is done with the help of a cotton thread. Basically there are 4 major steps involved in eyebrow threading. These 4 steps are discussed one by one below
- Before threading trim the long, extra hair using a sharp scissors and find the natural shape. Take a long (approximately 24 inches) cotton thread and tie the ends to make a circle.
- Hold the tied end in one hand and the other end in the other hand. Wrap it around the fingers and twist the thread a few times to make an X.
- The twisted thread is pulled and pushed along the eyebrow line to remove the unwanted hair.
- To push the twisted part close the fingers from one end and simultaneously open the fingers of the other hand. The thread acting like a mini-lasso pulls out the hair follicle from the roots.
- Generally the lower area of eyebrow is attended first then the upper region is completed.
- Do not play with the natural peak of the eyebrows. Just remove the extra hair from the upper side of the brow.
After Threading the Eyebrows
- Dust the brows and face with a brush to remove the pulled hair.
- If any strand of hair was not removed by the thread then pluck it out using the forceps.
- Take some cold cream or a moisturizer and gently use it along the threaded area.
- Moisturizer calms the skin and prevents irritation, redness, and swelling.
What are the Benefits of Eyebrow Threading?
Some of the benefits of threading your eyebrows are listed below:
- Threading the eyebrows is less painful.
- Eyebrow threading does not irritate the skin much and the little discomfort can be eased using a good cold cream.
- Threading effectively removes short hair also.
- Skin redness caused by the method is minimal and it subsides after a while.
- It is very cheap when compared to any other method.
Following are some of the down sides of this method.
- It is a skill that needs to be learned. Other methods can be done by merely following the instructions.
- It takes a lot of patience and practice to learn threading.
- It is a temporary method and the hair grows back after a few days.
- It does not exfoliate the skin like waxing does.
- It is difficult to use threading option of hair removal on curved areas. It will give good results only on flat surface.
These simple tips on how to thread eyebrows at home can be very helpful if you follow them diligently. It is a nice and less painful way to get rid of the unwanted hair from not only the eyebrows but also from the face, cheeks, upper lip and chin.