Hot Wax Hair Removal
Men and women have a lot of options to choose from when it comes to hair removal. Hot wax hair removal is one the popular methods to remove unwanted hair. It an be a little painful but produces long lasting results. It can be done at home or at a professional parlor. Hot wax hair removal can be done on any body part. It is also cost-effective.
How Does It Work?
Hot wax is made up of beeswax and resin. It pulls out hair from the roots.
- Hot wax is applied to the hair.
- A strip of fabric is then applied to the wax.
- After the wax cools down a bit, the strip is pulled in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
Hot Wax Kits
There are mainly three types of kits. They are:
Roll on This kit is in the shape of a deodorant container. A roller is attached on the top. You can heat it, by placing the kit in hot water. The wax tends to cool down faster and may leave cold wax on the skin making it difficult to clean-up.
Strip This kit is ready to use. It has two sheets of waxing strips. Take the strips and rub them between your palms. This warms the wax. Now peel off the strip and place the waxed side on the body part. Always place it in the direction of hair growth. You may rub it again to warm the wax. Leave on for a minute or two and pull the strip off. Dispose the strips after use.
Conventional This method produces the best results. You may heat the wax till it is in a semi-liquid state. Apply the wax with a spatula. Apply it in the opposite direction of hair growth. Place a strip on it. Leave it for a minute or two. Now pull the strip off.
Hot wax has the following advantages. They are:
- It works well in removing coarse hair
- It gets a better grip on the hair than warm wax
- Unlike warm wax, it does not leave a sticky residue
The disadvantages with hot wax are:
- It is time consuming as the wax needs to dry after application
- There is a possibility of re-growth
- Large areas cannot be waxed at once