Advantages and Disadvantages of Electrolysis
Electrolysis is suitable for all skin types. It is an effective treatment option for permanent hair removal. It works by passing a small charge of electricity to the active hair follicles. This is done by inserting a small needle through which electricity is passed. Once this is done, the active hair follicles are permanently destroyed.
Laser treatment has gained huge popularity over the years as it is considered safe, quick and effective. According to the FDA, laser treatment for hair removal offers limited hair reduction. Experts suggest that electrolysis is a better alternative for permanent hair removal. Electrolysis can safely be used to remove hair from most of the body except the insides of the nostrils and inner ear.
If you are planning to get rid of your hair by electrolysis, take a look at its advantages and disadvantages.
- It is safe and proven method for permanent hair removal.
- Very less chances of hair regrowth after the full course of treatment.
- Is effective on all skin types and on all types of hair unlike laser treatment.
- If the area to be treated is large, it can be time consuming and expensive.
- You may have to undergo several treatments to get hair removed permanently.
- It is painful as each hair is treated individually.
- It can be effective only when done by a qualified and trained therapist.
- Reddening of the skin or skin soreness may occur and last for a few hours after the treatment.
It is best to fix an appointment with the electrologist to get a better insight about the treatment plan and procedure.