Beauty Tips for Waxing After Care
Waxing is one of the best ways to remove unwanted body hair. It is convenient, economical and gives great results. A lot of people prefer waxing over other methods of hair removal. It is not as painful as it sounds and one gets used to it over a period of time. You can use any kind of products for waxing but, waxing after care should be executed.Waxing after care is necessary to prevent sightly ingrown hairs, scarring, bacterial infections and itching .
After waxing or other hair removal treatments, the hair does not grow out of the skin. Sometimes the hair curls inside the follicle underneath the skin and the resulting foreign body reaction causes an infectious bump.
Tips for Waxing After care:
There a few tips for waxing after care which would help you get better results and leave your skin feeling smooth. Waxing after care is very important as the skin becomes very sensitive after waxing. The following aftercare tips are vary helpful after the waxing treatment.
- Avoid wearing tight fitting clothes after waxing. The skin becomes very sensitive and wearing tight fitting clothes may worsen the irritation. Loose fitting cotton clothes can be worn.
- Don’t use any other treatment on the skin or body area that has been waxed. Let the skin return to its normal state.
- Exfoliate the skin regularly as it takes away the dead skin cells and helps in preventing ingrown hair.
- Moisturize your skin regularly to avoid dryness.
- Regular waxing sessions will help you retain the smooth look.
- Avoid exposure to the sun for a few days after waxing. If the skin is exposed to the sun immediately after waxing, it may lead to sunburn and irritation.
- Your therapist may recommend certain products which help soothe the skin after waxing. People with irritated skin can try it.
Most of the people notice redness and bumps on their skin immediately after waxing. This is normal for sensitive skins and there’s nothing to worry about. They will disappear after sometime.