What is Sphinx Wax?
Sphinx wax is also known as the full or complete bikini wax which removes any hair around the genital area and gives a smooth and hairless feeling down there. A temporary method of waxing, sphinx is mostly preferred by those who wear clothes that are too short, or are athletes or because their profession demands. Some other people choose this technique to have a hairless feeling. Let us learn more about this method, its technique, and other instructions.
It is always better to get any technique of bikini waxing including sphinx wax to be done by a professional. Home-waxing kits are available which aim to make the job easy, but they can be messy and risky too. The following tips will be helpful if you are planning to get a professional waxing done or doing it yourself at home.
- Wash and keep the pubic area clean before waxing. Take a shower about 30 minutes before the waxing.
- Dry the area and trim the hair if it is too long. Make sure you do not cut the hair very short, at least not less than ¼ of an inch. The pain to uproot trimmed hair is less than pulling out longer hair.
- Do not opt for waxing during your menstrual cycle. Waxing can be more painful during this time.
- Take a mild pain reliever in case the fear of pain is bothering you. Take it an hour before the waxing.
- Do not shower immediately after waxing as the skin is very sensitive.
- Avoid waxing on skin that is bruised or scarred.
- Avoid waxing on skin that is cut, scraped, irritated or sun-burnt.
- Wear loose fitting clothes for the first two days.
- Exfoliate the area regularly while bathing. Doing so helps in maintaining the smooth look and also helps avoid ingrown hair.
Instructions before Waxing:
- Find a professional salon which specializes in these treatments. Do not look for cheap parlors that may not follow proper hygiene.
- Talk with the expert all the details about the process. Know the advantages, side effects etc., before getting into it. Also, know all the different techniques and their costs too. It can cost up to 100$.
- Grow your pubic hair a little long before going for a wax. If the hair is too short, the wax may not give the expected results. Or else let the expert decide and cut the hair as per the requirement.
- Relax and shed all your inhibitions when you visit the parlor to get the wax done.
How It Is Done?
Once you have decided to get the bikini wax done, look out for a salon which offers this kind of waxing. Check for the salon’s credentials and recommendations from the previous clients. It is important to get a waxing done by experienced staff. This will make it easy for you and also considerably reduce the pain. Once you know that you are in safe hands, you will no more feel anxious or apprehensive about waxing.
- It is better to get the waxing done professionally. You can also do it yourself using home-waxing kits, but it is risky and messy. The skin in the bikini area is very sensitive. Any trauma to the skin can be disastrous.
- The esthetician or the expert will ask you to take off your undergarment to remove hair from the genital area. Be prepared for it. Do not be in two minds, or act shy. It is an embarrassing situation but necessary. If you are uncomfortable then take your partner or spouse along.
- The basic principle of waxing is the same. The hair is cut, baby powder is dusted, and hot melted wax is applied section by section.
- If the wax is hot for your skin to tolerate then tell it to the esthetician. Do not bear the pain.
- The hair from the whole genital area is removed in small parts and the whole area is not covered in one go.
- Using some baby oil the remaining melted wax is removed from the skin.
- Moisturizer is applied to soothe this delicate skin and to prevent ingrown hair and rashes.
- Do not shower immediately after waxing. Give the skin some time to recover.
- Exfoliate the area regularly. This helps in avoiding ingrown hair and also helps you maintain the smooth look.
Simple and Useful Tips:
Would not it be a perfect bliss, if at all you get to have a totally painless bikini hair removal? Well, we know that one of the reasons that keep you away from waxing is definitely the pain! We know it hurts like hell, but here are a few useful tips, that you could probably consider following, so that you can relive that pain. If you are new to bikini waxing, it’s advisable to go to a specialist first and once you get used to it, you might as well try it at home to save that extra bucks.
- Breathe Easy:
Usually, while getting your waxing done, you might tend to hold your breath without realizing it. Holding your breath can be painful because, you are depriving your brain of oxygen, thus increasing the pain. It’s considered more useful to take deep breaths while you are getting your waxing done. Follow this simple tip, for a painless bikini hair removal.
It is recommended to properly cleanse and exfoliate the skin before waxing. By doing this, the wax would be able to stick to the hair properly without causing much pain. It is ideal to exfoliate your skin a day before the waxing.
- Hot wax:
If you want to reduce the probability of pain, then it’s better if to opt for hot wax. Hot wax opens the skin pores and helps in easy hair removal than cold wax.
After each waxing session, make sure to apply an ice pack. Applying ice would help to reduce rashes, irritation and inflammation, if any.
French Bikini Wax
A French bikini wax is almost similar to the Brazilian bikini wax or a bikini wax. The only difference is that it leaves the hair in the back unlike the Brazilian bikini wax which takes out all the hair in your pubic area. The pubic hair along the sides and the middle are removed but at the back side the hair is left out. It does not include removing hair from the buttocks. It goes farther down inside but not till the buttocks. It leaves a vertical patch of hair which may be 3 or 4 cm long.
This is how a sphinx wax is done and the above mentioned instructions and tips can come handy while dealing with the pain it causes. Whether you are getting a French bikini wax, or using any other kind of technique make sure that you get it done by a professional expert for the first time. This is a very sensitive area and do not risk unnecessary hurt and bruises just to save some bucks.