Top 5 Benefits of Shaving Facial Hair
Shaving the facial hair is quite common among men. Shaving helps to have a smoother facial skin. You choose to frame your face with different styles. But, shaving the facial hair can have quite a lot of effects on the face. The most common method of getting rid of hair is shaving. It is the most easiest and cost effective method of hair removal.
It has quite a lot of benefits in comparison to other methods. The fact that it is easy to shave hair makes it the most commonly practiced method of hair removal. Men with clean shave look well groomed and much younger.
Shaving helps to exfoliate the skin and get rid of dead cells also, but if you don’t know how to shave facial hair then it can be a little bit complicated. For few men, shaving can, at times lead to cuts and razor burns. If you want a nice, smooth pain-free and cut-free shave try following these simple tips.
Benefits of Shaving Hair on Face
Shaving is the fastest way to get rid of facial hair. It not only is helpful in removing hair from the face, but also from other parts of the body! Just wet your hair, apply some shaving cream and shave it with a razor. You have got yourself a nice clean and smooth face without the hair. It takes not more than a few minutes to get rid of the facial hair.
- No ‘ouch’ factor:
Shaving is pain-free and does not involve painful act of pulling the hair out or plucking each strand of hair. Well, among all the other temporary and permanent methods like waxing, tweezing, or even laser and electrolysis hair removal, shaving has been considered the most painless method.
The best thing about shaving is that you can do it all by yourself and no special skills are required. Also, it is not messy and is very easy to clean.
- Light on the Pocket:
Shaving is affordable for almost all the people. It is one of the cheapest and easiest methods of hair removal. In comparison to waxing kits or depilatory cream, shaving kit works out to be much lighter on the pocket.
- No Serious Side Effects:
The side effects of shaving are no real threat to anyone and the minor injuries and cuts can be taken care of. However, there is a probability of getting infection, rashes or razor burns which can occur only if you are not following the basics of shaving properly. But, you can always reduce the risk of cuts by using an electric shaver.
Tips to Shave Face Hair:
To get your shave the right way, simply follow these useful tips.
- If you are shaving after a long time then it is better to trim the beard really short. Do not attempt to shave a beard ever. Long hairs have high chance of getting stuck in the razor and pulled out causing unwanted pain and ingrown hair problem. This in turn can increase the risk of infection.
- Before shaving, it is always advisable for you to wash the face with lukewarm water. This would ensure that your facial skin pores are open. Do not dry your face immediately because it would help the hair to become soft, making it easier to shave.
- With the help of a shaving cream or a nice shaving gel create a rich lather. Apply this thick foam on the face in an upward and circular motion. The amount of foam to be applied depends on the thickness of the hair.
- It’s advisable to use new razors with sharp blades, or blades that are working fine. Blunt razor might cause skin rash and skin bumps. Infection, ingrown hair, and cuts are possible with old blade.
- Shave downwards, along the way your hair grows naturally and remove the hair using long strokes.
- Apply light pressure during the procedure. Applying hard pressure might result in razor burn. Shaving lightly with a new blade is sufficient to remove the hair neatly. For closer shave either shave a second time or shave against the growth.
- After each stroke, make sure that you rinse the blade in water. This ensures that the razor does not get clogged with the shaved hair and interrupts a smooth process.
- While shaving the chin, to make the skin smooth shave upwards. The trick for shaving your chin is to use the razor from the throat towards the chin.
- While shaving your upper lip, press the lips to make it tight. It is easier to shave when the skin is tight and firm.
- Once you are done shaving every possible area, wash your face to get rid of the extra cream. Now, once it’s clean look for any unshaved hair. Make sure that you check for any missed hair like around the ears, edge of the jaw etc. If you have missed any hair, shave that off. Or pluck it out with a tweezers.
- After getting rid of the hair, rinse your face again. Use cold water to close the skin pores.
- Apply an after shave.
The Downside of Shaving
Shaving the facial hair can lead to numerous side effects if enough care is not taken. The side effects can include cuts and irritation. Here are the main disadvantages
Cuts are most commonly caused by the mishandling of the razor and by the improper technique of shaving. Old and new blade both can cut the skin so it is very important not to be careless while shaving. Cuts are at high risk to get infected so it is better to use first aid after shaving.
Using a blunt blade, or applying more pressure to remove hair, or using an improper method of shaving can lead to razor burn. This could lead to a mild rash that usually disappears in a day or two. Razor burn is quite a common problem especially when sensitive skin is shaved. Dry shaving, shaving too closely or quickly, or even applying too much pressure can lead to razor burn. To avoid razor burn it is advisable to use a moisturizing shaving gel.
Ingrown hair is a common disadvantage of shaving and it is again a result of hastiness during the process. Shaving dry skin and not moisturizing the skin properly are some of the reasons for it. This leads to red, puss filled, and curled back hair which is very painful and runs the risk of getting infected if anti-bacterial is not applied.
These are some of the tips that should be very religiously followed to avoid any problem or side effects. This very convenient, cost effective, affordable, and easy but temporary solution to remove facial hair is preferred by most of us.