Shaving Hair to get rid of lice problem? – Get rid of them naturally!!!
Apart from dandruff, at times the weird itchy scratching can be due to a parasite called head lice. Although it is a common problem among children, it can be affect anyone. Get rid of lice, these tiny lil parasites requires a lot of patience. Having a lice infestation can be quite annoying and a lil embarrassing too. Shaving hair to get rid of lice is not the only solution. If you don’t want to apply chemicals to your hair, then there are other natural ways to get rid of lice. Read on to know more how to get rid of lice naturally.
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Lice:
Other than shaving your head, you can totally get rid of lice with some simple home remedies.
- In a large plastic squeeze bottle, pour 2 cups of white vinegar. To that add Â½ cup of baby shampoo, Â½ teaspoon of tea tree oil and 2 tablespoons of glycerin. Shake all these ingredients so that they blend together.
- Make sure that you position your child’s head leaning backward over a basin or sink. This will ensure that the lice solution will not go into the child’s eye.
- Squeeze the bottle over the head, making sure that the solution is spread evenly over the child’s dry hair. Concentrate on the scalp and the hair shafts. The more the solution remains on the head, the better it is.
- After having applied the solution, massage the solution through your child’s hair and make sure the solution is spread all over the scalp and the rest of the hair.
- Pile up the hair on top of the head and put a shower cap. Keep this for about an hour or so.
- After an hour, rinse the hair thoroughly and then apply a nice conditioner. Rinse the conditioner and allow the hair to dry.
- Although there are no active lice, the nits are still stubbornly attached to the hair shaft. Remove the firmly attached nits from the dry hair with the help of a nice nit comb. Comb the hair from roots to tips, and making sure that you concentrate more on the hair closer to the scalp.
- If there aren’t many nits, you could use your fingernails to remove them.
- Once you are done with this process, make sure that you wash your child’s bedding and clothing. Also make sure to check if any other family member has contracted lice.
Shaving the head for lice problems can be put as a last option. Home remedies to get rid of lice has been very effective. Even if you are not sure, no harm in trying it out on a trial and error method right?