How To Shave Eyebrows -Its Advantages And Disadvantages
A good shaped brow on the eye can actually take off many years from a woman’s face and give a much younger look. Threading, waxing, plucking are some of the ways, but many also ask how to shave eyebrows. Though an easy and prompt method, it may not be a safe practice to remove those unruly and extra hair around the eyes.
Following Are The Simple Steps On How To Shave Eyebrows:
- The foremost point to be remembered is to cut the bushy, unruly and extra hair that has outgrown the natural shape using a small scissor.
- Take enough care not to use a razor on dry skin.
- Ideally use a razor after shower, or rinse the skin with some water for a few minutes.
- Use a shaving cream or gel. Avoid using soap.
- Gel softens the hair and helps in easy and unobstructed removal of hair.
- Let the lather moisten and soften the hair for a couple of minutes.
- Do not let the cream get into the eyes, it could be harmful.
- Use a good sharp razor. Old and worn out blade plucks the hair out and causes ingrown hair problem.
- Ingrown hair can lead to ugly red bumps.
- Using a sharp blade remove the excess hair and shape your eyebrows.
- Rinse the brows and face.
- Apply a cold cream if itchy feeling is experienced.
Advantages Of Eyebrow Shaving:
- The main advantage is that it is quick, fast, instant, and time effective.
- All one needs is a good blade, and a shaving gel. No messy and lengthy process.
- It is very cost effective.
Disadvantages Of Shaving The Extra Hair From Eyebrows:
- The very basic disadvantage of this method is the idea of getting a blade near eyes. It could be dangerous.
- The skin around the eye is very thin and sensitive and extra care has to be taken. A razor can cut, scrape, or cause abrasions that may scar it forever.
- Though the process may get rid of the excess hair, it will not result in two exact shaped brows.
- Also, the shape may not be the desired one.
- It also results in thick, blunt, and rough edged look.
- The results are not lasting and stubble grows back in a day or two.
- Over sensitive skin might react adversely and develop rashes. Rashes around eyes are not safe.
The above mentioned are a few steps on how to shave eyebrows and the pros and cons of it. The disadvantages have clearly outweighed the advantages, but if you still want to try it, do it with care and do not share your razor with anyone.