How Does A Facial Epilator Work? An Overview
Men and women who are obsessed with grooming concepts would do anything to get that perfect and hairless look. Facial epilator, shaving, waxing, threading, depilatory creams, sugaring, laser, intense pulsed light, and electrolysis have been used to remove hair on the body and face. These temporary and permanent solutions are decided depending upon the skin sensitivity, time, and budget. Let us learn more about facial epilator and how it works.
What Is an Epilator?
It is an electronic device that grasps the hair and pulls them out. This device works on the principle of waxing and tweezing. It grasps hair like in tweezing and pulls them out like in waxing.
This device gives better and quick results than the tweezing. In tweezing method each hair strand is pulled out using sharp tweezers, which consumes lot of time and energy.
An epilator can have rotating discs, or many tiny tweezers, or is available in spring types to uproot the hair and give a smooth and hairless feel and look.
How To Use It?
- Wash the face, clean any dirt, and dry the area.
- Place the epilator on the face and power the epilator. Slowly and smoothly run it on the face.
- This will trap and pull all the hair from the face.
- Take enough care not to move very close to eyes and eyebrows. Be careful when pulling out hair around the upper lip area too.
- Epilators can result in mild to stinging feeling when uprooting the hair.
- To soothe the skin irritation, pain, redness, and bumps in some cases apply a good moisturizer.
Advantages of Epilators:
The following are some of the advantages of using this device for a hairless face and body.
- It is a one time investment and is not as expensive as some of the permanent methods are. It is recommended to change the blades, tweezers, or discs at regular intervals for better performance, and these are not very expensive.
- Unlike many other temporary methods it is not messy.
- It is easy to use and does not require lengthy preparations.
- Frequent visits to parlors are not needed.
- The results last longer than many temporary solutions. The time period for the hair to grow back is usually minimum 2 to 4 weeks. This too again depends upon the hair growth rate.
- The hair becomes weak and brittle with each use and the growth rate decreases. Shaving is majorly restricted to men only, and it results in hard and thick hair.
- Removing each hair strand is not required. This device covers a large area in less time.
Disadvantages Of Epilators:
Here are some of the cons or disadvantages of using epilators.
- When compared to many temporary methods, epilators are an expensive deal.
- It may not be affordable to many. Also, the additional expense of changing the tweezers, or discs is required.
- Pulling out hair from the face can be unbearable for some, especially people with sensitive and delicate skin.
- Ingrown hair, redness, red bumps, irritation are some of the problems associated with it.
- It does not exfoliate the skin and remove dead cells like in waxing.
- It is not highly recommended to use this on certain delicate areas.
- It is not suggested to use this device on long hair. So, the hair has to be cut short.
Though facial epilator has its own advantages and disadvantages, it is completely a person’s choice whether to go for it or not. Better than many methods and not as effective and cost effective than others, epilators are absolutely a personal choice.