Is Epilator For Men Useful? -An Overview
It is a myth to believe that women are obsessed with their looks, beauty techniques, and hair removing methods. The male species too is equally interested but many think it is not for them. Epilator For Men are available in various models which have different speed modes, strong motor, and skin protecting design. Of all the epilator for men models, choose the one that has all the features that you think are best for you.
Electrolysis, Intense pulsed light, laser, waxing, sugaring, threading, shaving, and plucking are the other permanent and temporary methods that can be used to remove hair.
What Is Epilation? And What Is The Device?
Like many hair removing methods, Epilation too is a method that temporarily results in hairless skin. The device is called Epilator and its main function is to grasp many hairs at a time and uproot them from the follicle.
Epilator is an electrical device that works based on the principles of other temporary hair removing methods like waxing, sugaring, threading, and tweezing. These devices also run on battery and can be recharged, or corded. Epilators come in various models depending upon the type of modes of hair grasping design. Spring types, multiple tweezers, and rotating discs are some of the forms in which epilators are available.
How Does An Epilator Work?
This electrical device has many tiny tweezers, or discs that trap multiple hair
at once and plucks them out to give a smooth skin. It is recommended to wash and clean the part of the skin you want to make hairless and dry the area. Then plug, power, and place the epilator on the skin and slowly move it on the skin.
This causes red bumps and ingrown hair problem in almost all the cases. Redness, irritation, and itching are some of the other side effects that are experienced by people who have sensitive skin type.
Is It Useful For Men?
Yes! Epilator is a very useful device for men. The following points will list out some of the advantages and usefulness of the machine which will benefit men.
- Firstly, it is very easy to use. Unlike tweezing, this process does not involve uprooting of every single hair strand from the base. Also, unlike waxing the process is not messy and does not involve lengthy preparations.
- The results last longer than shaving and threading because epilation method does not cut the hair from the surface, but uproots them.
- The hair uprooted becomes weak and also the growth rate reduces drastically after each use of this device.
- It can be used as many times as one wants and is a one time investment only.
- It can be done at home without repeated visits to the parlor.
- Epilator use is not limited to only small body parts, but can be used on larger areas too like back, legs, stomach, or chest. It can also be used for small areas too.
- Because this method uproots the hair, it grows back only after 2 to 3 or 4 weeks depending upon the speed with which hair grows, and this varies from individual to individual.
Some Disadvantages Of Epilators:
The following disadvantages of epilator machine should be paid attention to.
- Though epilation works on waxing principle, it does not exfoliate the dead cells accumulated on the skin. It just uproots the hair. Exfoliation gives a shine to the skin which epilator does not give.
- The device is not an easy buy and is an expensive deal. Also, in order to be effective the blades or discs have to be replaced once in a while.
- It is very painful and can result in redness, red bumps, ingrown hair, and irritation.
- Sensitive and delicate parts like pubic area are very sensitive to it.
- It cannot be used if the hair is not at least quarter inch long, till then the hair on the body does not look good.
The uses, advantages, disadvantages, and the principle on which these machines work are discussed here in a brief. Epilator for men has its own pros and cons and it is up to an individual whether to opt for it or not.