Waxing is an effective method of removing large amounts of hair at one time. It is a very economical, convenient way to remove unwanted body hair. New hairs will not grow on the waxed areas for two to eight weeks.
Here Are Top Tips to Get Best Results After Waxing:
- To avoid the skin appearing darker after waxing, be careful not to expose the treated area to the sun for 48 hours after treatment.
- Use a good sun blocker cream on newly treated areas.
- Prior to waxing test a small area of skin to make sure there is no acute sensitivity or allergic reaction to the process.
- Hair should be at least 1/8 inch long when performing waxing hair removal. If it isn’t, wait until it reaches this length.
- Be sure to wash the skin thoroughly and dry it well beforehand to remove any lotions or oils which may prevent the wax from adhering closely to the skin.
- Heat the wax carefully so as not to overheat and thus burn the skin when applying.
- If pain and discomfort is a main concern use a pain reducing gel or cream available from pharmacists. These solutions should be applied 30 to 60 minutes before waxing so the skin is numbed beforehand.
- After waxing hair removal, clean the skin with a warm moist towel to remove excess wax.
- Avoid showering and making the hair wet prior to waxing hair removal. Hair absorbs the water making it soft and less likely to adhere well to the wax. Tough hair is easier to pull off.
- Avoid wearing tight clothing over freshly waxed areas to minimize the risk of irritation and ingrown hairs.
- After 24-48 hours exfoliate the skin with a loofa sponge for example to prevent the dead skin from accumulating in areas that can become ingrown such as the bikini line, upper thighs, underarms and calves.